Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jon, Race Report: Land Park Criterium

Land Park Criterium
AVG: Around 20mph
Time: 40min
Group: Juniors Open
Course: Flat with some wind. A chicane and other turns.
Junior roll out took me a long time (chain kept falling off) so I lost my spot on the front. Luckily they had a neutral lap and then a restart, so I got to be on the front for the real start. After the first few laps flew by I got dropped. Soon Bobby Terra caught me and we worked together. We shared the workload pretty evenly, and we were only lapped once @3 to go. Once when me and Bobby lapped a girl she hung onto us. There was less then 5 laps to go and she was annoying me (we couldn't drop her.) So I thought of a plan and told it to Bobby. Coming into the chicane I went fast and we got a gap on the girl. Then Bobby came by me and we got our gap even bigger. On the last lap I found myself pulling on the last stretch. I slowly pumped the speed up and when Bobby jumped I think we were going 24mph+. Then coming into the last few yards I dug deep, like ten feet, and I came up next to Bobby and tossed my bike (he tossed his too.) I thought we tied but I guess I beat him (the results had me down as 13th and him as 14th.) Good job to all my teammates!
Thanks for reading,
Jon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.