Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ryan, Snelling Road Race Report


Snelling Road Race
Place: 12 of 21
Avg: ????? (no speedometer - will have to look into that)
I had a great warm-up and felt really strong going into the race. This race was the first of this year for me so it was pretty interesting. The weather couldn't have been any better considering all the rain during the week. The race started out with what felt like a very slow neutral compared to two years ago. When the race finally started, everyone was just happy to be done with the neutral portion. For the first lap Stanley and Dylan kept having these short "breakaways" to try to catch the group off guard. None of them stuck but they sure did tire me out a bit. As we crossed the finish line going into our last lap someone started to sprint and try to break away. I thought I was dropped for sure but at the top of the hill we had to slow down and become neutral. During the restart, Dylan started heading towards the back of the pack and I thought it was a little weird since he was leading the race up to this point. All of the sudden Dylan and a SJBC rider were flying up the side. The pack got split up into a couple groups with me and Robert off the back. We started working with each other and were going pretty good but I was struggling to keep up. I told him to keep going so I wouldn't slow him down. I was by myself for the rest of the race. I now kind of know what Jon means when he talks about the pain cave!!! I ended up placing twelfth which is 8 better than 2 years ago. All in all I think it was a great race for me!!!!
Congrats to all the DJs Produce riders who raced that grueling course Sunday.
Thanks for reading,
Ryan

No comments: