Monday, January 11, 2010

Early Bird Criterium Race Report, Stefan

Early Birds Criterium Race Report, Juniors Category

Before the race, I had attended two cycling clinics which taught me how to corner better and how to start and stop better on my bike.

Just before the race I was feeling good. When the race started I drifted to the front of the pack and led them for about half a lap. Then my teammate Robert attacked, splitting up the pack and leaving me behind. I managed to hang on to three other riders who had also been dropped. A Spine racing guy and I were working together while the other guy just hung on. We forced him out into the wind to help us work. We stayed like this for most the race.

At the end the guy who had been sitting on attacked about half-way into the lap. Since I had been pulling and was tired, I realized that I was kind of worked when the Spine guy went off too. So I sat up and pedaled to the line.
Thanks for reading,

Stefan

No comments: