Monday, May 31, 2010

Robbie, District Crit Champs and Memorial Day Crit


Sat District Championships
13-14s & Cat 4/5 juniors
Monday Memorial Day Crit

I really wanted to do these crits as I hadn't done a crit in a month or so. It was a big field of about 20 riders. It was about 15 laps. The pace was high most of the time. I know I hit 31 - 32mph. There were repeated attacks. Bobby T attacked once and had a good run. I thought Bobby T, Jon and me all rode pretty well. We were able to stay with all the attacks. Coming into the final couple of turns everyone was more or less bunched. We all sprinted. I think Jon and me were probably in about 8 or 9th spot and we moved up to 5th and 6th. Great job to Jon and Bobby. Sophia looked really strong earlier also.

Cat 4/5 Jrs. This field had about 20 - 25 riders. It had several older kids in it also. This pace was a lot faster for some reason . I was really happy that I was able to hang on. I ended up in 6th place again.

Memorial Day Crit - It almost sounds like a broken record or repeat here but it was a lot more of the same. Everyone was attacking a lot. I was fairly happy that I was able to hang right there in all these crits. For some reason my legs were a bit fatigued and didn't feel as strong. In the past I was always towards the back and not comfortable in the pack. I felt a lot better and stayed in there with all the good riders. Both Bobby T and Jon were riding really strong. Jon looked especially sharp and fresh. We tried a couple of things as a team but couldn't pull it off. Oh well it was fun trying. I think we all came in the top 10. Jon at 6th I think (great ride Jon) I got 7th and I think Bobby T was about 10th. We are all definitely getting better and stronger. We are now in the mix and right in the packs. Now we all want to continue to get stronger and better.

Robbie

No comments: