Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stuart Fuller Race Report June 6, 2010. TBF Tri-for-Kids.


Stuart Fuller Race Report June 6, 2010. TBF Tri-for-Kids.
Pre-Race: I saw teammate, Bowen, first thing and we hung out together as we were getting our transition areas ready. I made sure mine was closest to the run start.
Swim: I moved up in age group, so I was able to swim with my teammate, Robert Terra. I was looking to see who I was racing against. When we lined up I noticed it was 11-14 y/o and girls racing together. We swam 150 yards in the lake. I was 10th or so out of the water.
T1: I ran to my area so I could get ready for the bike part. I dried of my feet, got my shoes on, and grabbed my helmet. I got my bike off the rack and ran to the bike mount line.
Bike: I went to my aerobars from the beginning. In front of I saw girl I saw a girl wobbling on her bike. I was hoping she would regain her balance. I saw her go down and looked like it hurt a lot. I had to pass her. Next was a speed bump, so I grabbed the bull horn handlebars. At the turn around point there was a group of four that I wanted to pass. I went down to my aerobars again and that is how I caught up to them. I just went as fast as I could to the bike dismount line.
T2: I racked my bike, but I while I was doing that my pedal scraped my ankle. I unclipped my helmet and hooked it on my bike, I went down to grab my race belt, and I was off on the run.
Run: At the aid station for the water I did not want any so I just ran past it. I just tried to keep myself on an easy pace. There was a downhill I ran down. I went to the turnaround point and turned around. I then went down another downhill. I looked behind me and another 11 y/o, Jason, was on my heals. I sprinted ahead trying to stay in front, and held him off to the line.
Finish: I waited for Bowen to come to the line (he raced 10 y/o's). I waited to run to the finish line with him. When Bowen finished I went to congratulate him. After that we walked around and waited for the awards to start. I won second place in my age group.
Thanks for reading, Stuart

No comments: