Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ryan Race Report: TBF USAT Youth Development Triathlon

Race Description: 800 yd swim, 16 mile bike, 3 mile run

Overall Rank: 45 out of 539
Division Rank: 2nd in USAT Youth Division
Overall Time: 1:25:54

Pre-Race Routine: I ate breakfast, set up transition, stretched and then waited for my bike (For those of you that don't know, my bike fell off the rack on the way to the TT in Sacramento and it broke my fork. Because of this I had to use a friend's bike for the race. She also had to get a ride in that morning so I was very nervous and was hoping she'd be back in time. She was so I could finally stop worrying and focus on my race!!!)
Swim: 800 meters
Time: Around 12 min.
Overall Rank: ???
Division Rank: 4th or 5th so I was very proud of that and was also very surprised
Pace: around 1:30 per hundred
Water Temp: 70s
Water Condition: smooth as glass
Wetsuit: full
Course: out 200 m. right turn, 400 m. right turn, 200 m. back in
Start: right in the front
Pacing: great
Drafting: I drafted off two different people for the whole race
Navigation: excellent
Comments: Thanks to all the swim coaching, I finally had a great swim
What would I do differently next time: nothing

T1: Fast
Remove Goggles/Cap: great
Helmet On/Suit Off @ same Time: No
Suit stuck on heels? NO thanks to all the pam
Run w/ Bike: good
Jump on Bike: good
Getting up to speed: good
Comments: pretty fast for me
What would I do differently next time: nothing

Bike: 16 miles
Time: around 50 min
Overall Rank: ???
Division Rank: ???
Pace: 19 mph
Wind: none
Course: out and back
Gear Changes: only used about three gears
Eating/Drinking: good except that my aero bottle kept falling out so I had to hold it the whole ride so I couldn't get much water
Comments: felt really strong
What would I do differently next time: not break my fork three days before a big race

T2: Really fast
Riding w/ feet on top of shoes: perfect
Jumping off bike: perfect
Racking bike: good
Running Shoes On/Helmet Off: NO
Comments: All the powder and body glide on the heel of my running shoes helped me slip them on and is a good suggestion if you have trouble getting your shoes on
What would you do differently: Nothing

Run: 3 miles
Time: 20-22 min.
Overall Rank: ???
Division Rank: ???
Pace: ???
Course: out and back on a fire trail
Keeping cool: good
Drink/Eat: none
Comments: could have pushed harder but wanted to finish strong
What would you do differently: go out easier and finish stronger

Warm-Down: stretched and walked around a bit
Limiters: NOT MY OWN BIKE
Mental Effort: great
Physical Effort: great
OVERALL: a great day at the races

Congratulations to all the DJ's Produce athletes and all the podiums

Thanks for reading, Ryan

No comments: